Re: [alpine-devel] Stable and Secure Distribution Supporting Xen

From: Richard Johnson <johnson9884_at_qq.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 13:43:32 +0430
One more note on my criteria set which led me to Alpine: I need something lightweight. The whole root directory must fit in at most 400-500 MB.

On 05/21/2013 10:08 AM, Richard Johnson wrote:
I'm choosing between Unix-based operating systems that support Xen. My criteria
are the following:

- Compatibility: I want to use this OS on a various set of commonly used
hardware. I have restricted the CPU instruction set scope to x86_64, but there
are a vast range of graphics cards out there.
- Stability: The packages and kernel used must be stable versions. Many main
distributions such as Debian and RedHat follow his strategy.
- Xen Stability: Stable Xen support is necessary
- Security

With these criteria in mind I have reached to the following distributions:
NetBSD, Alpine Linux, FreeBSD, Debian and CentOS. I am currently using Alpine
Linux which claims that it is designed with security in mind, however my recent
Experience with it showed many bugs.

Regards
--- Unsubscribe: alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org Help:
alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org --- .

--- Unsubscribe: alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org Help: alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org --- Received on Tue May 21 2013 - 13:43:32 UTC