Mail archive

[alpine-devel] Simple Desktop GUI in Alpine

From: Richard Johnson <>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 20:09:26 +0430
I'm trying to create a simple GUI in alpine. I first tried java swing. Running java swings on alpine reached multiple obstacles, the last one is that the JVM throwing SIGSEGV signal. The logs of JVM are attached.

Now, I am confused that maybe using Swing was not a good decision in the first point. Is there any simple way to design a simple desktop gui for alpine? Do you recommend any C++ libraries such as Qt for this task? Or do you think that working with Swing is feasible?