Mail archive

Re: [alpine-devel] abuildhelper question

From: Natanael Copa <>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 19:54:22 +0200

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:24:53 -0400
Dubiousjim <> wrote:

> When I fetch and verify abuildhelper from inside my current aports tree, it fails
> the checksum. Can anyone else reproduce? Sometimes I've had this issue
> in the past and the cause turned out to be some local filesystem thing.
> The file in question is at
> The APKBUILD expects md5sum:
> md5sums="136616a15c5e63360a3c871d8de773c2 abuildhelper-0.0.1.tar.bz2"
> In fact I'm getting:
> 228f62315ab107b16c974ed9487236e8 abuildhelper-0.0.1.tar.bz2

yes, it is because the tarball is generated on the fly. I upgraded cgit
not too long ago and something has changed in the way the tarball is
generated so the checksum no longer match.

same thing applies to all packages that has on-the-fly generated
tarballs from git.a.o/cgit (acf-*)

option 1:
we update the checksums on all affected aports (not funny because it
affects all stable apkbuilds). This could be done slowly, when we bump
into issue.

option 2:
we roll back cgit (and try backport the sec fixes. This was strongly
not recommended by cgit maintainer) or try fix it so it behaves
identical as previous.

option 3:
we add a git hook that will generate a tarball and store it
in /archives/$package/ when new tags are found. (we already do this for


Received on Wed Jul 03 2013 - 19:54:22 UTC