Re: [alpine-devel] abuild git repo question

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 20:03:39 +0200

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:34:17 -0400
Dubiousjim <dubiousjim_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at the Makefile inside the abuild git repo, I see a target
> "dist", which rolls up a source repository. However, I guess we're
> actually not using "make dist", because what that target rolls up is incomplete
> (it omits abuild-tar.c abuild-sudo.c functions.sh aports.lua, which
> are all required to "make install"). Also, what actually gets downloaded
> if you go to $APORTS/main/abuild and do "abuild fetch" includes
> .gitignore and so on.
>
> Q1. I have to tinker with the Makefile anyway in some patches I'll be
> sending. Should I add the missing files to the dist target?

I'd rather remove the 'dist' target and generate archives with git
archive (from git hook or via cgit)

> There are a lot of files in the abuild git repo that aren't installed,
> and I think at least some of them are cruft. Perhaps others are
> work-in-progress.
>
> bootchartd and initramfs-init seem to lag behind the versions in the
> mkinitfs repo, which are what we actually install.
>
> Perhaps these files are also cruft:
> APKBUILD-svn.proto
> alpine.mk
> alpine.packages

those are cruft and can be removed.

> cmp-apks-iso

this might be useful. It generates a diff of the apks/ repos in 2 isos.
Not sure if we ship this in the alpine-iso.git repo or not.

It generates those:
http://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v2.6/releases/x86/alpine-2.6.1-2.6.2.pkgdiff

> mkinitram
> mkmodloop

I think we can remove those.

> I'm not sure if apkbuild-pypi.in is cruft or work-in-progress.

I think its work in progress. I think it was supposed to generate
apkbuilds from pypi.

> Q2. Shall we "git rm" some of these files?

remove:

  APKBUILD-svn.proto
  alpine.mk
  alpine.packages
  mkinitram
  mkmodloop

if cmp-apks-iso is in alpine-iso.git, then remove it to. if not, then
maybe move it there?

Thanks!