[alpine-devel] Re: Cross-building

From: Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO <polzer_at_port-zero.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:22:39 +0100

On 10/30/2013 10:14 AM, Timo Teras wrote:

>> * Added installation of all packages after they have been built.
>> This is a necessary step since later packages require files from
>> earlier ones. Also attempt to install $PKG-dev. Some packages need
>> special casing here since their -dev packages have a different
>> name. Maybe this should be fixed in the packages themselves.
>> The packages affected are gmp5 (gmp-dev) and mpfr3 (mpfr-dev).
>
> Hmm - this worked for me without this. Though, I did have to fix some
> makedepends in the aports. This was done not long ago.

I see, abuild will install the necessary deps automatically so
there's no need to manually install them if the makedeps are
correct.

> I need think what to do with the scripts. Might be an idea to bundle
> them in abuild git tree. Even if they are not shipped in abuild.

Good, please let me know when you've decided what to do.

In the meantime I will test some more and maybe try to automate building
a new cross-compiled image.

> Ultimately I would abuild to have "--target" and "--host" flags that
> can be used to trigger the cross build so no additional "kludge" config
> files would be needed.

Yes, that'd be very nice indeed.

Thanks!

  Leslie

--
Dipl.Ing.(BA) Leslie P. Polzer | CTO - PORT ZERO
UG (haftungsbeschränkt)