Re: [alpine-devel] inconsistent reboot ...

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 09:55:59 +0100

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:40:17 +0200
HL <freemail.grharry_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
> I had to do a live reboot on a fw running 2.6.0
>
> I've compiled locally
> shorewall 4.5.20
> and quagga with some patches not included in the dist.
>
> I have a local cache
> cache -> /media/usb/cache
> in /etc/apk
>
> my
> /etc/apk/world looks like this
> shorewall-core><Q1QMfKKDCKoH9UNLUEMojyi4Q37BQ=
> swatch
> shorewall><Q1yYOHUXTd/LSuPXssSS3t1PNVnO0=
> bird6><Q1BiVS1wDhjqZMmt5au2F9xxbgswU=
> ipset
> xtables-addons
> ulogd
> quagga><Q1TakQA3lBWumDxIrjN2kgQzlejs0=
> shorewall6><Q152Aqg0C8W38vH+qw0VaH8W/zeoc=
>
> at reboot the system complaints that could not find shorewall and the
> other locally compiled packages
> so I had to re-install them manually.
>
> and firewall did not start ...
> In other words it cannot install the files of the locally compiled packages
> and it is stubborn to expect the alpine distributed shorewall
>
> question is
> what went wrong ??

I believe apk needs to find the packages at boot, they need to be in a
repository listed in /etc/apk/repositories in other words.

> Is my world file OK or a mess??
> Can it be fixed??

Create a repository for your locally built packages. For example:

 copy them to /media/usb/myrepo/x86/

   cd /media/usb/myrepo/x86 && apk index -o APKINDEX.tar.gz *.apk
   abuild-sign APKINDEX.tar.gz

Make sure that the .pub key is in /etc/apk/keys.

> is it a signature issue ???
> are signatures loaded before packages ???

The signatures are embedded in the .apk.