Re: [alpine-devel] Avoiding bloat for Lua 5.1/5.2 modules

From: Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 09:07:04 -0500

lua-subprocess was used to replace io.popen calls. Barthalion started to fork the project ( https://github.com/Barthalion/lua-subprocess ) for 5.2 support, but did not finish. Right now, lua-subprocess is only referenced from 6 files because the vast majority of calls are done through a helper library. So, if we cannot get lua-subprocess to work with Lua 5.2, we could try replacing it with another package. I have never had the time to investigate writing lua libraries in C, so finishing the fork would take some time for me. Any other suggestions?

Ted