Re: [alpine-devel]

From: Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:58:27 -0500

The >< indicates that the package is locked to a particular version. That happens any time you install a package from an apk file rather from a repository. You can remove that info from the end of the line if you would like to upgrade the package to match the latest in the repo. This will not solve your problem, however. The package is not installed on a reboot because apk cannot find the package. Try creating a local cache: http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Local_APK_cache

Ted