Re: [alpine-devel] open office

From: Leonardo Arena <rnalrd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:06:11 +0100

On mar, 2014-01-07 at 09:03 +0100, Roelof Wobben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have doubts about changing to alpine for my desktop.

I usually consider crazy those doing that, and myself is one of
those. :)
However Alpine is not my only desktop. You won't have a fully-functional
(and bloated) desktop: flash plugin, 3D graphics support, plug&play,
etc.

> What I miss the most is a office suite like open office.
> I could make a apk build for myself but I have a very slow machine.
> Compilimg whole Gnome costs me around 10 - 12 hours.
>
> Is someone willing to make open office avaible ?

Iirc someone tried that or checked what was needed: some features
missing in uclibc.

- leo