Re: [alpine-devel] new installkernel script

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:59:46 +0100

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:06:58 +0100
Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a heads-up. I have implemented a new /sbin/installkernel script
> and pushed it to edge. It will install boot images
> as /boot/vmlinuz-$flavor instead of /boot/vmlinuz-$version-$flavor and
> creating symlinks.

It did break things. mkinitfs would fource create a symlink pointing to
versioned kernel image. I have pushed an updated mkinitfs.

If you use edge then make sure that you have /boot/vmlinuz-grsec as a
file and not a symlink pointing to a nonexisting versioned image. If it
does run: apk upgrade -U && apk fix linux-grsec

Sorry.