Re: [alpine-devel] Re: Plans for Alpine Linux 3.0 with musl libc

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 09:20:01 +0200

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 01:05:11 +0100
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado <iam_at_juanfra.info> wrote:

> On 03/24/14 10:32, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > We are also working on armhf support for this release and would like
> > some feedback on what boards people are interested in.
>
> I'm interested in the BeagleBone Black. In my experience, the distros
> with the best support for this board are Fedora and Debian. You can
> use both as a reference for the kernel config.

Seems linux-3.13 has dts for it, so at least basic support should be
doable easily without kernel patching.

I have scripted things ready only for Raspberry Pi - but that's a bit
of an exception in arm world how things work.

I do have Wandboard Quad here as build box, and I have multiplatform
kernel for it, so just enabling beaglebone support on that kernel should
be enough.

However, that is not scripted yet. I would need to fix the kernel build
stuff to include dtbs and package u-boot + needed scripts for it. And
finally patch our setup-bootable (or write a specific script) to prepare
the arm images.

I'll look into this sometime near future.

- Timo