Re: [alpine-devel] How to rescue your edge box after the mkinitfs incident

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 13:27:04 -0500

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:

> It turned out that there were 2 bugs in mkinitfs, one that only
> affected uClibc and one that affected both uClibc and musl.

I'm running into another problem, or maybe it's just something wrong with
my installation...

The mkinitfs upgrade creates /etc/mkinitfs/features.d/base.files.apk-new
This new file no longer lists the dependent libraries in /lib/.

I assume this is because "lddtree" is supposed to take care of that now.

But, "lddtree -l /bin/busybox" lists "/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0.9.32" which is
a symbolic link, but for some reason it never resolves that link, so the
newly-created initramfs fails to run /init because of the missing loader.

Seems to me like that is a bug in lddtree, but maybe the "base.files.apk-new"
should still at least list "/lib/ld-uClibc-0.9.33.2.so" until the issue can
be resolved?

 - Jeff