Re: [alpine-devel] switching to musl

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 15:29:12 +0200

On Wed, 2 Apr 2014 08:05:33 -0500
Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 4:02 AM, Natanael Copa wrote:
>
> > I wonder if there are anything that prevents us from switching
> > edge to musl now?
>
> I had problems with the xf86-video drivers (vesa, nouveau, fbdev) not
> finding symbols in the Xorg executable.
>
> Tried to work around this by LD_PRELOAD'ing the binary, but that led
> to more missing symbols.

This should fix it:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/main/xorg-server?id=2d5f088aeb37d13fb9893ec5da4bd683f5b4e0f0

The problem is that musl does not support lazy loading so we have to
tell xorg what order to load the modules.

> After getting everything listed in LD_PRELOAD, the Xorg server still
> would not start because of a segfault in xkbcomp.
>
> Has anyone else had any luck running Xorg under musl?

I use it on my laptop now yes. firefox needs start with
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2.0 firefox

and i haven't got dhcpcd work with wpa_supplicant so i use udhcpcd for
now. (and sometimes i need to manually ifup wlan0)

Other issue I have is that only way to connect to bluez over dbus is as
root. I haven't had time to troubleshoot but it might be a bug in dbus,
consolekit or polkit or all 3.