[alpine-devel] ARM CPU Support

From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 11:48:20 +0200

Hi,

there was a recent question about what ARM based hardware people care about / wished it had Alpine support.

In my case I use the following:

Raspi (Debian atm, would only switch if all funny performance patches are available, because otherwise it’s just too slow) It does NTP, DHCP, DNS

2x CubieTruck (Debian, would love to “free” them). They’re my Apache, Monitoring and MooseFS storage nodes, etc.
I know some other Alpine users also have them. They’re a nice deal, two cores, 2GB Ram, NAND.
They’re not 100% ready for a stock kernel, afaik.

3x Zyxel NSA 325 Nas (Still on stock plus a Debian chroot. I might switch them to Arch, but I’d love something that runs natively on the NAND and not off USB)

1x Nexus7 - Running Ubuntu, I’ll probably change this back to Android. It’s the only of the pack that has a good CPU, but it lacks support for parallel USB devices and charging.

I hope this gives some overview of whats out there in the wild.

Florian