Re: [alpine-devel] OpenSSL / OpenVPN Cryptodev support

From: Der Tiger <der.tiger.alpine_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 17:14:05 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

I'm successfully using Voyage Linux {1} on my Alix boards, which has
been specially fitted to support all PcEngines boards including the AES
modules in AMD Geode CPUs. Maybe you can find hints in a test set-up of
Voyage on your Alix board.

By the way, in my experience the Geode AES module didn't significantly
enhance the performance of OpenVPN or reduce CPU load. AFAIR, enabling
the AES module came with some limitations regarding the AES encryption,
but I can't remember what exact limitations there occurred (possibly the
bit size of the encryption or frame length). Anyway, I found the AES
module not to be very helpful in my case.

Sorry, I can't offer any real advice, Tiger

{1} http://linux.voyage.hk/