Re: [alpine-devel] New logo and website design?

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 13:18:39 +0200

On Fri, 9 May 2014 07:52:45 -0300
Alan Messias <alancordeiro_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Man... simply perfect! I best like the blue logo. Congrats to Tobias.
>
> And the idea to have a consistent look over all the AL subdomains, it is a
> great idea too.
> But, How will it be possible to have the same look on Redmine (bugs),
> MediaWiki (wiki) and Hypermail (list)?

We will have to create a redmine theme, a mediawiki theme, a drupal
theme and a custom theme (css) for lists.a.o.

> What about that idea to use AsciiDoc? Maybe this is the chance to give it a
> start.

Funny you mention that. I have actually been thinking of generating
static pages from either markdown or asciidoc. I have been looking at
nikola[1]. If we do so, then we will need to also find a replacement
for forums and package browser, which currently is in drupal too.

Its not that I'm directly unhappy with drupal, which gets the job done
and does it pretty good. I just think the content we display is mostly
static so if we can get away with static pages, we would remove complexity.

I also like the idea of tracking the pages and news in git. I would be
happy if i could create new releases by writing something in
asciidoc/markdown (that could be sent unmodified to mailing list) and
just do git push to get it pusblished.

I love how suckless did their wiki[2].

That said, Carlo is doing the actual work here with drupal and those
who does the job are normally the ones that has the final say.

[1] http://getnikola.com/
[2] http://suckless.org/wiki