Re: [alpine-devel] New logo and website design?

From: Nathan Angelacos <nangel_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 12:55:37 -0400

On 05/12/2014 10:54 AM, Carlo Landmeter wrote:
> If I look at the new logo's, I like the idea, but don't see much
> overlapping with out project. While we are secure, and the stop sign
> idea posted earlier has some relation, i don't see the "simple" in its
> design.
>
> I like the font type, and if it could be made a little more simplified,
> i think i would like it.
>
> Also the mountains/alps in our logo (and our header image) how do they
> relate to our project? Maybe we should have a logo that is based on our
> 3S philosophy (small simple secure)?

Ncopa: Could your designer play with a design built around the '3 S'es' ?

The challenge is to stay out of a pure pyramid design. (we don't need
tin-foil hat types judging our logo ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB7Ab5IXriw

> Maybe I'm the only one, but i still like our current logo a lot, even if
> it has been designed in a rush.

+1.

Every time I see the logo, it reminds me of a drawing on a whiteboard.

Doesn't get smaller or simpler than a scribble on a whiteboard.