Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine 3.0.0 Release candidate 1 is out

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 16:53:05 +0200

On Fri, 23 May 2014 08:42:09 +0300
Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 May 2014 19:01:19 +0300
> Timo Teräs <timo.teras_at_iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > On Thu May 22 2014 06:04:57 PM EEST, Natanael Copa
> > <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> > Urgh. This is probably caused be the other fix I did for apk-tools.
> >
> > I wonder why abuild works. I'll fix this today/tomorrow.
>
> False alarm. I misread the error message. In fact, what I thought that
> broke, is covered in test suite :)
>
> This just likely that 'alpine-mirrors' is not included in the .iso
> image.

No, the alpine-mirrors package is there. What happens is this:
# apk add --quiet --virtual .setup-apkrepos alpine-mirrors
ERROR: You tried to add a non-repository package to system, but it
would be lost on next reboot. Enable package caching (apk cache --help)
or use --force if you know what you are doing.

Apparently apk-tools tries to be smarter than me and tries to protect
me from doing something stupid, but does not know that the entire idea
with using --virtual is that its only supposed to be installed
temporarily and hold a lock on the temp installed packages so nobody
can apk del them while they are in use.

This was introduced with:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/alpine-conf/commit/?id=291d078e8fdef55793792096c2a8b02dd545c166

I suppose I will have to revert to the 'racy' behaviour. (or we add yet
another exception for the tmpfs safety check in apk-tools)

-nc