Re: [alpine-devel] openvpn-easy-rsa missing from AlpineLinux

From: Nathan Angelacos <nangel_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 07:27:44 -0400

On 05/28/2014 03:42 AM, masoom alam wrote:
> I cannot find it in mine.
>
> apk search rsa
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e4ea7fb.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.2b6ad8a4.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e009a3b.tar.gz: No such file or directory
>
> Actually, I am trying to follow the DMVPN howto given on the alpine WIKI
> and stuck in the Openvpn STEP. I am using 2.7.7 alpine linux 64 bit.
> The following command gives an error:

If you are trying to set up DMVPN, OpenVPN is not _required_. You could
skip that step.

Alternatively, you can install the ACF (web) interface to build
certificates:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Generating_SSL_certs_with_ACF

> I was thinking to gerenate these files on Ubuntu and then move them in
> the alpine linux, but then I am stuck by the lbu commit command. I
> cannot save my configurations to USB, or any other media. How can I make
> my configurations permanent. I specified the Backup_dir and it has
> created a apok...tar.gz file by issuing the lbu commit, how to tell the
> alpine to use this configuration when boot up again.

Are you booting from USB? if so, try:

LBU_MEDIA=usb

instead of BACKUP_DIR