[alpine-devel] Alpine 3.0.0 release candidate 2

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 16:48:56 +0200

Hi,

I have pushed Alpine 3.0.0 release candidate 2.

This should fix the setup-apkrepos issue with the alpine mirror list missing.

It should also fix issue with ehci-hcd getting loaded late[1]. (and
causing use of only usb1 even if usb2 is present)

I know for sure that NFS server still does not work and I have not been
able to find out what goes wrong either. might be I'll delay this til
the resolver rewrite in musl libc. (I suspect its related getaddrinfo
and friends)

freeswitch is missing also, but I suppose we could backport it later.

I would really like to ship v3.0 this this week so if there are strong
opinions which bugs I should try fix before that, please let me know.

I would love to get some help with testing of physical hardware, boot
from usb and simlar. Testing of common applications (php, *sql etc)
would be nice too.

I can also mention that git.alpinelinux.org now runs v3.0 and I would
like to look into moving other of our infrastructure to v3.0 too -
soonish.

Thanks!

1: http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/2965