[alpine-devel] Why does klogd provide logger?

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 21:19:09 -0700

Hello,
I noticed a week or two ago that
service crond start
would start klogd and not syslogd; since klogd only logs kernel messages and
syslogd logs application messages, I decided to investigate.

It appears that both the klogd and syslog services provide logger, but
syslog needs klogd.

So I'm wondering: shouldn't syslog be the only service providing logger,
since klogd doesn't listen to applications?

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham