Re: [alpine-devel] Attempting to debug C++ library and command via valgrind

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 10:30:11 -0500

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Isaac Dunham wrote:

> I've been trying to get Sword 1.7.3 (crosswire.org/sword) running on Alpine.
> valgrind was recommended, but I can't get valgrind to run the command properly.
> But when I do this, diatheke errors out:
> diatheke: cannot load -b: No such file or directory

I think it's a problem with the way valgrind tries to run musl's program loader.

Try adding "/lib/ld-musl-i386.so.1" to the command line, just before
the prgram name,
e.g.

valgrind --leak-check=full --track-origins=yes \
 --keep-stacktraces=alloc-and-free \
  /lib/ld-musl-i386.so.1 \
   diatheke -b KJV -k Ps117

 - Jeff