Re: [alpine-devel] Shorewall in 3.0.4

From: Nicolas <lists_at_tropicdreams.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 15:03:48 +0200

Le 2014-09-03 08:13, Natanael Copa a écrit :
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 21:07:19 +0200
> Nicolas <lists_at_tropicdreams.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'm planning to migrate some firewall machines running AlpineLinux 2.7
>> to AlpineLinux 3.0.4
>>
>> Maybe I make a mistake but
>>
>> On alpine 2.7 I have :
>>
>> apk search shorewall -==>
>>
>> shorewall-core-4.5.21.3-r0
>> shorewall-common-4.2.11-r3
>> shorewall-shell-4.2.11-r6
>> shorewall6-4.5.21.3-r0
>> shorewall6-doc-4.5.21.3-r0
>> shorewall-4.5.21.3-r0
>> acf-shorewall-0.10.0-r0
>> shorewall-common-doc-4.2.11-r3
>> shorewall-doc-4.5.21.3-r0
>>

>> On the fresh 3.0.4 I got this only :
>>

>> shorewall-common-4.2.11-r3
>> shorewall-shell-4.2.11-r6
>> acf-shorewall-0.11.0-r0
>> shorewall-common-doc-4.2.11-r3
>>
>> Both boxes have the same /etc/apk/repositories configuration (just
>> version number changes in the mirror).
>> Is it normal or aren't the working 4.5 shorewall not yet in stable
>> alpine 3.0.4 ?
>
> Latest shorewall does not build:
> http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/2981
>
> IIRC they have a static whitelist of known distros in configure script
> and Alpine is not one those.
>
> I believe it is easy to fix.

Hi Natanel,

As you advised i had a look in the configure script of a shorewall
4.6.3.
First the script depends bash but that's not a problem for building.

The script tries to recognize the OS version based at begining on the ID
variable in /etc/os-release.
As you know (better than me) this is 'alpine' for an alpine.
Then it fails because it doesnt find a shorewallrc.alpine file.

If we consider alpine is like a generic linux a workaround is

ln -s shorewallrc.default shorewallrc.alpine

In the base directory of extracted shorewall.

The the configure passes. Maybe we could use a more specific rc file
based on debian or other.

Regards.

Nicolas.