Re: [alpine-devel] Shorewall in 3.0.4

From: Nicolas <lists_at_tropicdreams.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 14:01:49 +0200

Le 2014-09-04 11:41, Natanael Copa a écrit :
> On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 15:03:48 +0200
> Nicolas <lists_at_tropicdreams.net> wrote:
>
>> Le 2014-09-03 08:13, Natanael Copa a écrit :

>> > Latest shorewall does not build:
>> > http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/2981
>> >
>> > IIRC they have a static whitelist of known distros in configure script
>> > and Alpine is not one those.
>> >
>> > I believe it is easy to fix.
>>
>> Hi Natanel,
>>
>> As you advised i had a look in the configure script of a shorewall
>> 4.6.3.
>> First the script depends bash but that's not a problem for building.
>>
>> The script tries to recognize the OS version based at begining on the
>> ID
>> variable in /etc/os-release.
>> As you know (better than me) this is 'alpine' for an alpine.
>> Then it fails because it doesnt find a shorewallrc.alpine file.
>>
>> If we consider alpine is like a generic linux a workaround is
>>
>> ln -s shorewallrc.default shorewallrc.alpine
>>
>> In the base directory of extracted shorewall.
>>
>> The the configure passes. Maybe we could use a more specific rc file
>> based on debian or other.
>
> I pushed it to edge/main with a custom shorewallrc.alpine.
>
> Could you please do basic testing in edge and verify that it is not
> totally non-functional. Then I can add it to the 3.0-stable.

I made test on a fresh out-of-box Alpine 3.0.4.
Shorewall 4.6.3 installs with dependencies (perl, iproute2).

I made a basic configuration
Command works. rc-service shorewall commands work fine.
rc-update add shorewall too
After a lbu commit and reboot shorewall is ok with my rules.

I believe this is quite a good news !

If you could add shorewall6 too it would be nice.

Regards,