Mail archive

Re: [alpine-devel] polkit...

From: Kevin Chadwick <>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:18:22 +0100

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:23:12 +0200
Natanael Copa wrote:

> > So I wrote the attached apkbuild to satisfy the polkit dependency.
> > I'd guess that it should not be added to the main repo, since it might
> > cause an automatic "upgrade"; but some people might find it handy.
> I think we can remove the polkit dependency from xf86-video-intel for now.
> You can apk add '!polkit' to create a conflict. It will prevent
> anything that tries to pull in polkit.

In case anyone doesn't know as it wasn't in plain sight for me, you can
also disable polkit by removing it's file in

Useful if you install lots of stuff and find you have no need for
it and are perhaps using sudo more securely but upstreams are
arrogant/idiots/ignorant or a mix of the aforementioned.

You may also want chmod -s pkexec and these two things adding to a
boot script.

As a side note logind after one upgrade started correcting it's
permissions and so I had to change the strategy to removing the
binary on boot all together.