Re: [alpine-devel] polkit...

From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:18:22 +0100

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:23:12 +0200
Natanael Copa wrote:

> > So I wrote the attached apkbuild to satisfy the polkit dependency.
> > I'd guess that it should not be added to the main repo, since it might
> > cause an automatic "upgrade"; but some people might find it handy.
>
> I think we can remove the polkit dependency from xf86-video-intel for now.
>
> You can apk add '!polkit' to create a conflict. It will prevent
> anything that tries to pull in polkit.

In case anyone doesn't know as it wasn't in plain sight for me, you can
also disable polkit by removing it's file in

/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services

Useful if you install lots of stuff and find you have no need for
it and are perhaps using sudo more securely but upstreams are
arrogant/idiots/ignorant or a mix of the aforementioned.

You may also want chmod -s pkexec and these two things adding to a
boot script.

As a side note logind after one upgrade started correcting it's
permissions and so I had to change the strategy to removing the
binary on boot all together.