On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 13:17:21 +0300
Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi> wrote:
> We also had the patch series, various ideas and other suggestions on
> the mailing list that would affect compatibility. One to name are the
> command line argument parsing patches/suggestions from Dubiousjim,
> Isaac Dunham and ncopa. I will probably implement the 'command
> argument grouping' stuff. And try to write a follow up mail on
> suggested new arguments / applet names based on the old emails on the
Ok. option groups are now implemented - but the organization needs clean
So the tricky tasks are:
- potentially merge info and search applets, and unify their output
(or make it a 'ls' / 'list' and remove info/search)
- unify short options -R/-D/etc for all applets recursive/dependency
Insightful mails from ncopa about this are:
Need to make a plan about how to do this.
Additional compatibility breaking changes to consider are:
- rename 'index' to 'mkindex'
- potentially make 'apk -U' a shortcut to 'update'
- remove 'version' applets:
move default functionality to "upgrade --analyze" or "index --version"
-I should go to "index --version", and/or generic --version
-t and -c probably deserve a new 'verstr' applet
And it seems this can be done in simple way now:
- short form for --simulate; -s suggested but overlaps with fetch
--stdout and info --size currently; though if we move --simulate
option to commit group it'd work nice
Did I miss something?
Received on Wed Oct 08 2014 - 16:20:28 GMT