Re: [alpine-devel] apk-tools work-in-progress

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 08:12:54 +0300

On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 09:06:41 -0500
Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 5:17 AM, Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > If you have new patchsets, old ones that are rebased, something I
> > missed or just other ideas for apk-tools, please reply to this mail.
>
> But what about this?
>
> # apk del no-such-package
> OK: 1264 MiB in 519 packages
>
> # echo $?
> 0

Should be simple to fix. Though, should we differentiate the following
scenarios when a package is not removed?

1) no-such-package or package-not-installed are trivial and should flag
error

2) package can be implicitly installed as dependency. apk del does not
do anything with it.

3) package is in 'world' but also a dependency. apk del updates world
but still does not remove the package.

Are these all error conditions, or not?

One option would be to return the number of packages names specified
that were not removed.

Any comments?