Re: [alpine-devel] apk-tools work-in-progress

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:10:28 +0200

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:32:09 +0200
Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you have new patchsets, old ones that are rebased, something I missed
> > or just other ideas for apk-tools, please reply to this mail.
> >

> One of the missing features in apk-tools (I've had this question multiple
> times on IRC) is the ability of query packages file list when not installed.
> I think we have discussed this before, but I though I would just bump it
> again to see what you think about it.
> Maybe add an switch to generate an alternative database which we can query
> after it has been generated locally?

I have some ideas related new 'package browser'. Basically a server
with access to the apk repository with a Makefile that will generate a
$pkgname.filelist file. eg:

%.filelist: %.apk
        tar -ztf $< > $_at_

we could also prefix each line with "$pkgname " and finally cat them
all to a single file and make it available via http so you could
basically search it with:

  curl $URL | grep filename

and we could have a tiny wrapper script too (like we have for sprunge)

This all could be done without any additional coding in apk-tools.

More ideas for package browser (statically generated html files) are:

We could also fish out the .PKGINFO and generate a $pkgname.meta.yaml
and generate static html pages for packages.

It all could be regenerated with mqtt trigger after packages have been
uploaded to mirror.

Since we use 'make' for it, only newly uploaded packages will be
re-generated.

-nc