Re: [alpine-devel] Help needed with forums

From: Francesco <francesco_at_bsod.eu>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:22:55 +0300

Il 2014-10-10 12:48 Natanael Copa ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> As some have noticed we have got some spam on our forums.
>
> http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/3421
>
> We need someone who can help with the forums, moderation etc,
> preferable someone who is willing to try keep the forums alive.
>
> I am ok to keep drupal for forums (if that is what we want) when moving
> to new website, but it might also be an opportunity to move to
> something else (move to redmine? fluxbb?), or even shut it down
> completely.
>
> Any volunteers?
>
> In the long run, I'd like to have a shared user account
> (username/password) for wiki, forums, bugs etc if possible.

Actually I dunno if is worth to invest in the forum: do we know how many
people are visiting it?
Do we have any plan to "advertise" somehow the forum?
For the moment (from a superficial read), the ones who wroute in the
forum are mostly the same who are writing on irc.
Afaict, irc is the place where ppl goes to got assistance, 'cause who is
using Alpine is not a novice.

 From my personal point of view, forum is more for beginners, while irc
and ml for more "advanced users", which is the primary audience of
Alpine.
Otoh, could be a way to "attract" person to Alpine, but again, we need
to advertise is somehow.

--
:: Francesco ::
Twit.....http://twitter.com/fcolista