Re: [alpine-devel] LibreSSL - Thoughts on Integration

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:37:01 -0700

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 03:06:45PM +0000, Chris Spillane wrote:
> well, since nobody has mentioned it yet I'm going to throw this one into
> the mix:
>
> How about PolarSSL?
>
> https://polarssl.org

Can it build wpa_supplicant/hostapd, svn, sylpheed, claws-mail, mutt, alpine,
libssh/libssh2, krb5, lynx, elinks, git/cgit, tarsnap, and so on?

~/aports$ grep -l openssl-dev */*/APKBUILD |wc -l
220

I'd go for libressl, since it would not be trivial to get 220 pacckages
to work with a new API (though I'd assume that a few already support it,
and some might be easy to port.)

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham