Re: [alpine-devel] LibreSSL - Thoughts on Integration

From: systmkor <systmkor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:00:47 -0700

> I'd go for libressl, since it would not be trivial to get 220 pacckages
> to work with a new API (though I'd assume that a few already support it,
> and some might be easy to port.)

While I do think PolarSSL should be examined, I agree with Isaac that LibreSSL
is the way to go (at least for now). The OpenBSD community is eccentric but
they genuinely are interested in producing robust and secure code.

I would say the more longterm goal as being able to have multiple SSL libraries
on the system that are not in conflict with each other. Enabling users to run
which ever SSL library they would like for a specific package/application/server.