Re: [alpine-devel] [2.7] main/collectd added libvirt sub package

From: Pierre Peyronnel <pierre.peyronnel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:54:57 +0100

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
wrote:

> We added this to edge already:

thanks

> If the package already ships the libvirt plugin, then i don't want add
> it to any stable branch as it might break things for people using it
> (til they apk add collectd-libvirt)

Carlo Landmeter on IRC indeed suggested me it was shipped with the collectd
package.
But when i checked, it was not (see screen cap in attachment, there is not
a libvirt.so plugin until i install "my" collectd-libvirt package a 2:57
the next day).
I will install a new 2.7 vserver and double check that, just to be sure.

[image: Inline image 1]

> If its not shipped witih current collectd, then I'd expect to see a
> configure option ala --enable-libvirt and an additional libvirt-dev to
> makedepends?

The APKBUILD already contains the libvirt-dev makedepend (since this commit
<http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/main/collectd/APKBUILD?h=2.7-stable&id=f82fbefa19b6611e0e703b86671c3a751a3e44ca>)
but it seems the plugin is not included in the collectd compilation or file
tree.

> If you want additional libvirt support for collectd for v2.7, then
> please file an issue on bugs.alpinelinux.org. I think it should be
> doable.

thanks, I made the package, installed the .apk and looks it works for me.
I just thought I'd share :-)

I'll double check whether the current collectd package contains the
libvirt.so plugin and will post my findings.

> Thanks!
>
> -nc

FullSizeRender.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: FullSizeRender.jpg)