Re: [alpine-devel] [2.7] main/collectd added libvirt sub package

From: Pierre Peyronnel <pierre.peyronnel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:59:10 +0100

Hello again,

I can confirm that the libvirt plugin does not come with either collectd or
libvirt or libvirt-dev in 2.7 :

guest1:/usr/lib/collectd# apk info | egrep "libvirt|collectd"
libvirt
collectd
libvirt-client
libvirt-daemon
libvirt-doc
libvirt-lang
libvirt-lxc
libvirt-qemu
libvirt-uml
libvirt-xen
libvirt-dev
guest1:/usr/lib/collectd# find . -name "*virt*"
guest1:/usr/lib/collectd# apk search collectd-libvirt
guest1:/usr/lib/collectd# uname -a
Linux guest1 3.10.23-vs2.3.6.8 #1-Alpine SMP Tue Dec 10 15:50:05 UTC 2013
x86_64 Linux
guest1:/usr/lib/collectd# cat /etc/alpine-release
2.7.9
guest1:/usr/lib/collectd#

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Pierre Peyronnel <
pierre.peyronnel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
> wrote:
>

>> We added this to edge already:
>>

> thanks
>

>> If the package already ships the libvirt plugin, then i don't want add
>> it to any stable branch as it might break things for people using it
>> (til they apk add collectd-libvirt)
>>

> Carlo Landmeter on IRC indeed suggested me it was shipped with the
> collectd package.
> But when i checked, it was not (see screen cap in attachment, there is not
> a libvirt.so plugin until i install "my" collectd-libvirt package a 2:57
> the next day).
> I will install a new 2.7 vserver and double check that, just to be sure.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

>> If its not shipped witih current collectd, then I'd expect to see a
>> configure option ala --enable-libvirt and an additional libvirt-dev to
>> makedepends?
>>

> The APKBUILD already contains the libvirt-dev makedepend (since this
> commit
> <http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/main/collectd/APKBUILD?h=2.7-stable&id=f82fbefa19b6611e0e703b86671c3a751a3e44ca>)
> but it seems the plugin is not included in the collectd compilation or file
> tree.
>

>> If you want additional libvirt support for collectd for v2.7, then
>> please file an issue on bugs.alpinelinux.org. I think it should be
>> doable.
>>

> thanks, I made the package, installed the .apk and looks it works for me.
> I just thought I'd share :-)
>
> I'll double check whether the current collectd package contains the
> libvirt.so plugin and will post my findings.
>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> -nc

FullSizeRender.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: FullSizeRender.jpg)