Re: [alpine-devel] lxc-create and mkfs

From: Timo Ketola <timo_at_riihineva.no-ip.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 12:00:30 +0200

On 03.11.2014 11:31, Carlo Landmeter wrote:

> On 3 November 2014 07:08, Timo Ketola <timo_at_riihineva.no-ip.org
> <mailto:timo_at_riihineva.no-ip.org>> wrote:
>
> Is there a way to search for a program or file in not-yet-installed
> packages?
>

> No not yet, also this has been discussed before. For now I always use
> http://packages.ubuntu.com to search for files.

Great advice, thankyou! I have not realized that tool even though I have
used Ubuntu quite a while.

I suppose that you use the tool to get only hints about possible
packages, though. I imagine that the relationship between Alpine and
Ubuntu packages can't be strictly 1 to 1. Do developers intentionally
follow Ubuntu packaging to some extent?

> I just checked git, and if you run 3.x or edge, lxc-lvm should already
> be available.

Goog to know, thanks.

--
Timo