Re: [alpine-devel] APK Key Size - Request to move from 1024 to 2048

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:17:18 +0100

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:19:02 +0200
Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:57:45 -0800
> Orion <systmkor_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also I still can't find the signatures for the ISO releases or a
> > signature of the hashes.
>
> Unfortunately no. This is something we should do (or more like, should
> have been doing for a long time). I think doing detached PGP-signatures
> like others would be the way to go.
>
> ncopa, any thoughts?

I agree with you. We should have done it long time ago. Not that it is
an excuse but gnupg-2.0 had portability issues with musl (or more
precice, PTH had). Now that gnupg-2.1 is out, there are not even bad
excuses for not doing it.

I created issue #3541 as a reminder.
http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/3541

Thanks!