[alpine-devel] busybox-1.23 in edge

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:58:35 +0100

Hi,

I pushed busybox 1.23 to edge. So far I found at least one regression[1]
in ash and possibly another in modprobe.

After upgrading my laptop (both new kernel and new busybox) it didn't
load the ahci kernel module from initramfs so the harddisks was not
found. I don't know if this is due to something in new busybox or in
new kernel or if it affects other hardware.

To continue boot up from initramfs emergency shell i did something like:

  for i in $(find /sys -name uevent); do echo add > "$i"; done
  lvm pvscan
  lvm vgchange -a y
  mount /dev/vg0/lv_root /sysroot
  exit

If someone has time and wants to investigate, you could try install
v3.1 in a vm, then upgrade to edge. (do snapshot before the upgrade).

Please be careful if you are on edge now.

Thanks!

-nc

[1]:http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2014-December/082129.html