Re: [alpine-devel] apk package rollback feature?

From: Orion <systmkor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:24:39 -0800

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 09:49:36 -0800
Thomas Zelch <thomaszelch_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I searched the wiki and help output of apk, but couldn't find a way to
> downgrade the package comfortably.
> Is there a more comfortable way implemented?

I think this feature would be a nice feature to have for Alpine.

This said, I would prefer to develop a port/redesign of the Nix package
manager written in a safe systems language like go lang. I am currently
working on this. I think it's possible to make design it such you
could have the full complexity and features that nix provides but also
build it modular such that a subset of the tools could provide
equivalent simplicity, features, and build size.

--
keybase.io/systmkor