Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine ARM images

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 09:17:34 +0200

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:51:36 -0800
Orion <systmkor_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 21:49:06 +0200
> Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > But yes, we have this stuff automated. The Raspberry Pi image is
> > automated. And building everything in the tarball I linked is
> > automated.
> Could you post were that is located with it's documentation because I
> haven't really found much.
>

> > Doing customized distributions based Alpine is certainly doable, but
> > not well documented. I remember seeing some use Alpine aports as
> > basis of their work. But have not looked into that with detail.
>
> Again not sure were that is located.

http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Developer_Documentation

Seems it documents only the old style builders using vserver:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_compile_vserver

Since than we've migrated to use LXC containers, and the distro build
scripts are rewritten in lua too.

The sources for distro builder are:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/lua-aports/

And to generate the distributed iso images and tarballs:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/alpine-iso/

But yes, all these docs need an update. Maybe ncopa had some notes
somewhere?

/Timo