Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine ARM images

From: systmkor <systmkor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 01:20:47 -0800

> http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Developer_Documentation
>
> Seems it documents only the old style builders using vserver:
> http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_compile_vserver

Iíve looked at this but it seemed like it didnít have much relevance to the
current build structure of Alpine so I figured not to go on reading it.

> Since than we've migrated to use LXC containers, and the distro build
> scripts are rewritten in lua too.
>
> The sources for distro builder are:
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/lua-aports/

I didnít know this was actually being used. I thought I remember reading or
maybe I just got the impression that was a future project not currently
being used.

> And to generate the distributed iso images and tarballs:
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/alpine-iso/

This was the one project that sorta made sense to me. That said I didnít see
were it fit in with the rest of building a distro.

I think not having some higher level explanation is one of biggest barriers
for me. I agree that documentation would help a lot. Thank you for the reply
and your time.

keybase.io/systmkor