Re: [alpine-devel] considering packaging another mailx

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:06:05 +0100

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:50:39 +0100
Daniel Cegie*ka <daniel.cegielka_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm bringing up this old issue because there are a couple of CVE issues:
> > http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2014/q4/1066
> >
> > Do you think it would be possible to completely replace main/mailx with
> > heirloom-mailx without breaking too much? More specifically, does
> > heirloom/mailx' mail implementation support all the args in current
> > mail/mailx?
>
> Hi,
> I missed the topic :) 5 minutes... and I made a port from OpenBSD repo
> (for musl). You need to fix the Makefile (gnu make).
>
> Daniel

Using this isn't really any better than using a random snapshot that
arch linux has prepared.

We could use openbsd as upstream but then we need to embed some script
in the APKBUILD that could cvs checkout the openbsd source and prepare
a source tarball for us - and add patches for make.

I'd rather switch to s-nail or heirloom-mailx.