Re: [alpine-devel] openssl-1.0.2 or libressl ?

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 10:34:40 +0200

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 09:29:31 -0800
systmkor <systmkor_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > So I'm wondering should we reconsider libressl at this point? Any
> > thoughts?
>
> My vote is that we stick with openssl for version 1.0.2 but start the
> process to move to libressl. Even if we don’t move to it officially,
> it would be nice as an alternative.

Agreed. And I just realized that 1.0.2 is ABI compatible with 1.0.1 and
1.0.0. So no recompiles should be needed.

Find attached the upgrade commit. All patches are rebased, they ran
openssl source code through indent. Also c_rehash is updated to be
smarter.

I'm wondering if I should push this to testing, and let it be there for
few weeks until updating the package in main.

/Timo