[alpine-devel] fuse filesystems, non-root users, and grsecurity

From: Chris Brannon <chris_at_the-brannons.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 21:47:32 -0800

Yesterday, I was trying to mount an sshfs filesystem with my regular
user account, and I kept getting an error message saying: "bad
mountpoint, permission denied".
After lots of searching, I was still dumbfounded, until I had a flash of
inspiration. I added my user to the readproc group, and voila, my
problem went away after logging out and logging in to refresh my groups.
Is there a better solution? It seems counterintuitive that I should
have to be in the readproc group just to use sshfs.

-- Chris