[alpine-devel] ARM and U-boot

<bee3abab12ebbb8eb9a60be0aeea4a63@tropicdreams.net>

Hello to all,

The Alpine release for RaspberryPi works like a charm on this little ARM
machine.
At work we recently purchased a Cubox machine
http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox-i-mini-computer/

I was wondering if someone already tried Alpine on this hardware.
It seems to be armhf like the rapsberry pi , but the bootloader uses
U-Boot like many other arm machines.

Maybe making U-boot work with the Alpine build system would be another
great beginning for the ARM branch of Alpine ?

Regards,

Nicolas.
Nathan Angelacos <nangel@alpinelinux.org>
<54E72F1F.9080805@alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<bee3abab12ebbb8eb9a60be0aeea4a63@tropicdreams.net> (view parent)
Hi Nicolas,

On 02/20/2015 07:31 AM, Nicolas wrote:

> Maybe making U-boot work with the Alpine build system would be another great beginning for the ARM branch of Alpine ?

There's some work on this, but it looks like its in its infancy stages.
  See for example:

http://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/4674.html

<32f7da39963ea4a984343b1073a31271@tropicdreams.net>
In-Reply-To
<54E72F1F.9080805@alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
Le 2015-02-20 13:57, Nathan Angelacos a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> On 02/20/2015 07:31 AM, Nicolas wrote:
>>
>> Maybe making U-boot work with the Alpine build system would be another
>> great beginning for the ARM branch of Alpine ?
>>

> There's some work on this, but it looks like its in its infancy
> stages.  See for example:
>

> http://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/4674.html

Thank you very much Nathan.
I'll try to test or adapt this.

<20150303212435.244c3c7f@twinpeaks.my.domain>
In-Reply-To
<bee3abab12ebbb8eb9a60be0aeea4a63@tropicdreams.net> (view parent)
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 13:31:35 +0100
Nicolas <lists@tropicdreams.net> wrote:

> Maybe making U-boot work with the Alpine build system would be another
> great beginning for the ARM branch of Alpine ?

I fully support this. I am planning on using U-Boot with Alpine for for
an embedded systems project I'm working on. I should have replied ages
ago. Hit me up, I will gladly work with you on this.

--
keybase.io/systmkor