Re: [alpine-devel] Raspberry Pi 2 model B

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 08:07:01 +0200

On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 01:43:37 +0100
Fabien Germain <fabien.germain_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Whereas Alpine Linux works great on Raspberry Pi B+, it does not seem
> to boot (black screen) with the new Raspberry Pi 2 :-( The main
> difference with old model is the CPU : single 700MHz ARM11 --> 900MHz
> quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 (more details :
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/ ).

It's completely different CPU, with different peripherals. So it'll
require kernel support. We will need to pull in the kernel support
adjust kernel config, and see if any changes to boot sequence are
needed. Likely it's just matter of fixing kernel.

The userland is compatible though. So this is not too complicated issue.

> Has anyone else tried, and got more success with it ? Is there
> anything I could try ? I have RPI B, RPI B+ and RPI 2 to make
> tests :-)

I just need a RPI2 to test with. I'll probably going to get one at some
point.

/Timo