[alpine-devel] Xorg problems

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 13:24:50 -0500

Trying to get Alpine/Xorg up and running on one of these:
  http://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/DT166/index.shtml

So far, no luck...

Xfbdev gives a nice display with the lxfb kernel module, but no keyboard:

Xfbdev with -keybd keyboard:
  "Error: Couldn't find keyboard driver keyboard"

Xfbdev with -keybd evdev:
  "Error: Couldn't find keyboard driver evdev"

Adding --enable-kdrive-kbd to the APKBUILD makes the first error go away, but
results in an empty keymap due to an #if 0 defined around some broken code
in ./hw/kdrive/linux/keyboard.c
(Every keypress prints an "Invalid scan code" error to the console.)

There is also an --enable-kdrive-evdev option, but I was really hoping
to avoid udev if at all possible.

So I tried the "real" xorg-server, but...

Xorg with xf86-video-fbdev fails at runtime:
 Assertion failed: key->initialized (../include/privates.h:
dixGetPrivateAddr: 122)

Xorg with xf86-video-vesa fails at runtime:
  VESA(0): Cannot read int vect

There is also a specific "xf86-video-geode" driver for this chipset, I
was able to
compile it with -DVIDMEM_FRAMEBUFFER=0x01, but it still won't load because of a
missing (obsolete?) xf86UnMapVidMem function.

Any hints/suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

 - Jeff