[alpine-devel] Bootable usb (vfat) local cache packages are not installed after reboot!

From: HL <freemail.grharry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:55:24 +0300

Hi list,

I haven't been around that much, but since I've seen some goodies, I
would like to give them a try!

I booted from cdrom and made a bootable flash ( setup-bootable ).

So far so good.

However creating a local cache with setup-apkcache

on usb (/media/usb/local-cache and softlink to /etc/apk/cache ) for
upgrading and installing my developed packages I discovered that after
each reboot the packages are not installed/upgraded to the ones that
reside within the usb cache dir.

For instance

apk update
apk upgrade
downloads a bunch of upgrades but after a reboot the newest packages are
not installed!

I ask for your help based on your experience since my test machine is on
a remote site, thus I have no clue of what the boot-screen messages are!

Regards,
Harry Lachanas