Mail archive

Re: [alpine-devel] Spam

From: Kevin Chadwick <>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 17:09:58 +0100

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 12:18:04 +0200
Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:

> > And yes, this email is a free offer to vent, flame, or offer useful
> > suggestions.

So I guess you would want an alpine based solution but it's worth
considering putting a tiny OpenBSD spamd box in front of your server.

You can modify the greyscanner or make your own scripts to do all sorts
of checks whilst senders are temporarily delayed by the amount of time
that you tell spamd to do so for (time needed to make sure the checks
complete basically). I have a script for dnsbl checks such as barracudas
list. Valid senders get failure notices too.

I love it, the only down side is that mail can be delayed from large
providers like gmail or yahoo as happens on the OpenBSD list, though you
can use whitelist tables for google network ips.