Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine 3.2.0 rc2 released

From: Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 16:56:35 -0400

Not sure if this is a regression or known bug, but on a fresh rc2 system, I
cannot install a locally compiled package that's not signed using the
alpine keys. If I try to add with just apk add <filename>.apk, I get
(expected behaviour):

ERROR: You tried to add a non-repository package to system, but it would be
lost on next reboot. Enable package caching (apk cache --help) or use
--force if you know what you are doing.

If I use apk add <filename>.apk --force, I receive (expected error):

ERROR: /media/usb/bsn-setup-9.36-r0.apk: UNTRUSTED signature

If I also use the --allow-untrusted flag:

(none):~# apk add /media/usb/setup-9.36-r0.apk --force --allow-untrusted
OK: 6 MiB in 16 packages

That results in no files installed to the system. The package contents are
a few bash scripts to set up an LXC host and configure the system.

In an unrelated bug, seems like the syslog service is stopped on boot with
rc2.

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Alpine 3.2.0 rc2 is released.
>
> Notable changes since rc1:
> - 3.18.13-grsec kernel
> - setup-interfaces fixed
>
> As mentioned earlier, it would be nice if we could have full focus on
> fixing known issues and testing.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -nc

Jeff