Re: [alpine-devel] 3.3 proposal: reduce number of SUID binaries as much as possible

From: Orion <systmkor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 13:19:01 -0700

On Tue, 26 May 2015 04:32:01 -0500
William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org> wrote:

> I would like to see a general reduction of SUID binaries where
> possible. For example, a lot of APKBUILDs have options=suid when
> there's probably no real reason for it.

I fully support this endeavor! :D I will gladly help out and maintain
this project. However, I would prefer that we start with the base system
before we move onto other packages. So I think a great first attempt
would be removing as many SUIDs/SGIDs from a bare bones alpine-mini
install.

--
keybase.io/systmkor