Re: [alpine-devel] libreoffice icons in mate-menus

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 10:31:32 +0300

On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 17:04:50 +0000 (UTC)
ScrumpyJack <scrumpyjack_at_me.com> wrote:

> We are trying to put together a nice looking desktop environment.
> Well, Alan is doing all hard work, I'm mainly complaining.
> Libreoffice will be installed as part of an "Office" suite, but the
> nice little icons that makes mate-menus look nice don't work.
>
> A minor annoyance, but we'd like to make it look pretty.
> I think libreoffice does strange things with icons. Is there a way to
> fix it in the aport?

Could explain "strange things" ?

It seems libreoffice just says to use "libreoffice-writer" named icon,
but does not provide it. Maybe you just need to install icon pack
shipping those, such as faenza-icon-theme (the subpackages get
automatically pulled in after that) ?

/Timo